Solar pathway lights have become very popular in recent years. Not only due to the fact that they look great, but they also use very little power and provide excellent lighting so that you can see your walkway.
Actually, these sidewalk lights will cost you very little or nothing at all. The craze noways is to use solar lights. These typically have a sensor on them that collects the suns rays and stores that energy into a battery, mounted directly on the light itself. When it gets dark, the sensor turns them on. They literally are low maintenance, they don’t even require power!
Popular Solar Pathway Light Ideas
I can talk about them all day long, but how about I just link you to some popular brands and you can see for yourself.Garden Creations JB5629 Solar-Powered LED Accent Light
- Easy to install–no wires to run
- Solar-powered lights automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn
- Made from durable weatherproof materials
- Super-bright white LED lights charged by the sun
- Approximately 13.5 inches tall
- Set of 10 solar-powered path lights with warm-white LED
- 120-degree-angle beam; 12-inch area of illumination; 2.5 lumens per fixture
- Auto-on from dusk until dawn; discharge time up to 10 hours depending on daytime sun
- Weatherproof black plastic construction; plastic lens looks like hammered glass
Those are just a few products you can look at. If you look at the last link, you see that these are actually square LED lights that you mount on your post holes. I have a friend who uses this style and I must say, they are worth every penny. Not only does the unit put off enough light to light the area, but the light also shines right off the vinyl fence, which almost amplifies the lighting.